بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Peace be upon the Prophet Muhammad, every time him name is mentioned in my posts, every time he crosses our mind and heart, every time, always.
In the Footsteps of the Prophet, Lessons from the Life of Muhammad is a book written by Tariq Ramadan. In the introduction, Ramadan explains his purpose behind writing this book: to reflect upon the Prophet’s life and draw out timeless universal teachings.
The introduction also stressed on the following points:
- The book not adding or reinterpreting any facts about the Prophets life but rather using classic Sirah sources as the book’s source material
- The Prophet always reminding his companions of God and initiating the path of worship and love of the One
- The fact that the Prophet is but a man as always mentioned in the Quraan
These two dimensions – the man’s humanity and the Prophet’s exemplarity – serve as the focus of our interest in the present biography.
- The immense love Muslims of all times had for the Prophet expressed by offering prayers to the Messenger, remembering him and following his example
Two types of lessons are to be drawn from the Prophet’s life in this book:
- Spiritual, with what has to do with observing nature, facing self-doubt, finding purpose and inner peace, answering existential questions and having a relationship with God
- Practical, with what has to do with acting and reacting in to different social, political, judicial and cultural situations
Deeply, simply: he who cannot love cannot understand.